KEY BENEFITS FOR HOMEOWNERS AND PROFESSIONALS
This gardening and landscaping course will teach you how to:
- Identify and stop using harmful synthetic fertilizers and toxic pesticides.
- Successfully use natural-organic techniques and products.
- Save water and money.
- Enjoy a more effective and healthy approach to gardening and landscaping.
COURSE CHAPTER TOPICS
- Chapter 1: Introduction to Organics
- Chapter 2: Soil Building for Increased Plant Growth
- Chapter 3: Best Advice and Tips for Planting in Containers, Beds and Farms
- Chapter 4: Trees - Part 1 - Planting and Management
- Chapter 5: Trees - Part 2 - Solving Pest Problems
- Chapter 6: Fertilizing - Dry and Liquid Applications
- Chapter 7: Insect Control - Part 1 - Identifying Beneficials and Pests
- Chapter 8: Insect Control - Part 2 - Specific Control Techniques
- Chapter 9: Disease Control
- Chapter 10: Successful Weed Control
- Chapter 11: Making and Using Compost and Mulch
- Chapter 12: Landscaping Design Tips and Installation Instructions
- Chapter 13: Tips for Easily Growing Food Crops
- Chapter 14: Irrigation Advice
- Chapter 15: Natural-Organic Certification Course Summary
There are two pricing options for the course:
- $195 for the Course and Certification (or $19/month for 12 months)
- $295 for the Course and Certification plus Email and Phone Support* (or $26/month for 12 months)
GET STARTED NOW
Note: The videos can be viewed on any computer or mobile device with an internet connection. Successful completion of all 15 chapter quizzes is required to qualify for a certificate.
NATURAL-ORGANIC GARDENING AND LANDSCAPING COURSE TESTIMONIALS
I really enjoyed the course. Well worth the investment!
A. Smith, SpoutFaster Soil Supplement
Loma Linda, MO
The course was great, well taught and very informative. Thanks for a wonderful and well designed program.
A. Morgan, Three Bee Farms
Saint Jo, Texas
I enjoyed taking the course and have some recovery work to do to correct the non natural organic practices on my property..I live in a colder zone and am looking forward to implementing what I learned. I am grateful the course was offered on-line as my ability to travel to a physical class is limited.
I thoroughly enjoyed the course. It was very informative and the pictures really helped in understanding the material. Great job!
I loved this course! Howard is a great instructor. Thank you!
Although I've been active in organic programs for almost ten years, there was plenty of fresh information for me to learn in the course.
K Lagleder, Natural Yard and Garden
La Coste, TX
This course is excellent. I am already finding it useful in my own garden.
After over twenty years of following Howard Garret, I feel this course validates all my work.
It was a great course. I enjoyed it very much and look forward to putting the information that I learned to work.
I enjoyed the course very much. Very informative.
- Nationally syndicated Organic Gardening & Living radio talk show host - Salem Radio Network
- Arborist - Member of International Society of Arboriculture ISA
- Columnist for the Dallas Morning News - Organic Answers
- Author of 15 books
- Chairman of Texas Organic Research Center (TORC) a 501(c)3 corporation
- Past Member of the Organic Advisory Board Texas Department of Agriculture
Howard Garrett has extensive experience in landscape contracting, greenhouse growing, golf course planning and maintenance, and organic product development. Howard has devoted his life to establishing a leadership role in the natural organic marketplace. He provides advice on natural organic gardening, landscaping, pet health, pest control and natural living.
He received his Bachelor of Science degree in Park Administration and Landscape Architecture from Texas Tech University in 1969. After a stint in the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve, Howard started his business career at Club Corporation of America where he was a laborer and assistant golf course super intendant.
In 1985, the birth of Howard's daughter Logan was the turning point in his education into organic gardening, landscaping, farming and ranching.
By 1988 he had committed his entire career to the research, education and promotion of organic products and practices. In addition to teaching organics to homeowners, he began the conversion of numerous commercial projects such as the Frito-Lay National Headquarters in Plano. His work also includes research on natural organic planting techniques, use of native and well adapted introductions and water saving solutions. Organic projects in the studies have realized 40-50% cost savings in water use.
Consulting clients include Carrington Labs and their aloe vera growing operation in Costa Rica; Muenster Milling Company, a producer of natural pet food; Greenway Parks - an exclusive residential development; Radio Shack National Headquarters; Tierra Verde Golf Club; Texas Instruments, Iscar Metals and Sabre Corporation. Product consulting clients include MaestroGro and others.
If you have any questions or need any assistance, please contact Doug Sheldon at [email protected].
StartChapter 1: Introduction to Organics (22:48)
StartChapter 2: Soil Building for Increased Plant Growth (39:16)
StartChapter 3: Best Advice and Tips for Planting in Containers, Beds and Farms (36:42)
StartChapter 4: Trees - Part 1 - Planting and Management (32:42)
StartChapter 5: Trees - Part 2 - Solving Pest Problems (29:17)
StartChapter 6: Fertilizing - Dry and Liquid Applications (43:55)
StartChapter 7: Insect Control - Part 1 - Identifying Beneficials and Pests (37:26)
StartChapter 8: Insect Control - Part 2 - Specific Control Techniques (54:45)
StartChapter 9: Disease Control (45:02)
StartChapter 10: Successful Weed Control (34:51)
StartChapter 11: Making and Using Compost and Mulch (40:33)
StartChapter 12: Landscaping Design Tips and Installation Instructions (38:30)
StartChapter 13: Tips for Easily Growing Food Crops (39:27)
StartChapter 14: Irrigation Advice (19:40)
StartChapter 15: Natural-Organic Certification Course Summary (12:06)